CSC Swim Team is a volunteer-led and run organization. We cannot provide swim meets for your child(ren) without your committed help. Seasoned swim parents will testify that it's much more fun to be actively volunteering and involved in a meet instead of sitting on the sidelines.
Volunteer Job Descriptions
- We require all families to volunteer at least twice (and fulfill two volunteer credits) during the swim season.
- Sign up to volunteer for at least two swim meet positions that interest you when you register your swimmer starting May 1.
- Additionally, you may sign up for meet jobs on the Full Season Calendar page starting May 1. Simply click the green "Job Signup" button and select jobs.
- All volunteer positions are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Only one shadow/extra position is allowed per family out of their two needed credits.
- We need volunteers for both home and away meets.
- Swim meet volunteers attend a brief meeting at 6:15 p.m. before the meet starts at 6:30 p.m. to learn specific instructions for the job. (You will be called via an announcement.) Next, volunteers take their places. The starter usually checks the timers, judges and scorers to make sure that they are ready. Then, the meet begins.
- Baked Goods Sale: We ask families to bring baked goods to every home meet so we can sell them as a fundraiser for the team.
- 50/50 Raffle: We have a 50/50 Raffle at every home meet. A CSC volunteer roams the pool grounds selling tickets. A winning ticket is drawn from a bucket. The winner receives 50% of the ticket funds collected. The other 50% of the funds are allocated to supporting the team.
- Sno-Cone Sale: We sell snow cones as a fundraiser for the team at Home Meets.
- Funds raised help pay for the End-of-Year Swim Party and other Swim Team needs.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Only with your committed help can we provide a positive and efficient swim meet experience for your child(ren).
- Many volunteer positions offer you a front-row view of your swimmer(s).
- You’re helping continue the tradition of maintaining an active, strong CSC Swim Team.
- You gain a deeper understanding of the sport in which your child is participating.
- Volunteering (staying busy) makes a long meet go by much faster.
- You get to know other fantastic swim parents.