About the Community Swim Club of O'Hara Township
The Community Swim Club of O'Hara Township is a private, non-profit swim club located in O'Hara Township near Pittsburgh, PA. Facilities include outdoor swimming pool with lap lane and diving well, baby pool, snack bar, locker room facilities and tennis courts.
The CSC coaching staff is thrilled to have the opportunity to work with your children throughout the summer swim season. Our focus is to provide a fun environment that will encourage stroke development and a love for the sport of swimming.
Please read the below guidelines before the season begins so you know what to expect.
- Families must be General Members of Community Swim Club for their children to be eligible to swim on the CSC Swim Team.
- All swimmers must be ages 5 - 17 and be able to confidently swim freestyle one full length of the pool, unassisted. (We recommend CSC Summer Swim Lessons for children learning how to swim. Please see the main CSC website for more information on summer swim lessons.)
- We require each family to volunteer two times (or two credits) during the season to ensure meets run efficiently and smoothly for your children.
- Registration opens May 1 and closes June 1.
- We must receive your registration and payment by June 1. Only swimmers who have registered and paid may participate in practice and meets.
- For CSC Swim Team registration cost per child information, please go to Registration.
Register your child for the CSC Swim Team starting May 1.
- We are part of the North Hills Summer Swimming League [NHSSL].
- The schedule, directions, rules, standings and other information are available on the NHSSL website.
- We are part of the “Gold” division for 2019.
- We have one week of evening practices the last week of school (typically the first week of June) for all age groups.
- Morning practices begin the following week and last until mid-July.
- Please visit the Practices page for more details.
- On the Saturday following the first week of evening practices, we conduct Time Trials to help create initial line-ups (relay teams) for the meets.
- We strongly encourage you to attend. Coaches use these initial Time Trial times, as well as individual split times at the meets, to create the best line-ups (relay teams) for meets.
- As your swimmer participates in meets, line-ups (relay teams) will change based upon their split times.
- Please visit the Season Schedule > Practice Schedule page for more details on Time Trials.
- Swim meets are on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
- All swimmers must click the green "Meet Entry" button to sign up for meets four days before the meet date by 5:00 p.m. We do not accept meet sign-ups after this deadline.
- Read detailed information and helpful tips about meets here.
Sign up your swimmer(s) for meets starting May 1.
- CSC Swim Team is a volunteer led and run organization. We cannot provide swim meets for your child(ren) without your committed help.
- We require all families to volunteer at least twice (and fulfill two volunteer credits) during the swim season.
- Sign up to volunteer for swim meet positions that interest you when you register your swimmer starting May 1.
- Additionally, you may sign up for meet jobs here starting May 1.
- Learn more information about volunteering and volunteer jobs.
- Baked Goods Sale: We ask families to bring baked goods to every home meet so we can sell them as a fundraiser for the team.
- 50/50 Raffle: We have a 50/50 Raffle at every home meet. A CSC volunteer roams the pool grounds selling tickets. A winning ticket is drawn from a bucket. The winner receives 50% of the ticket funds collected. The other 50% of the funds are allocated to supporting the team.
- Sno Cone Sale: During hot weather meets, sno cones will be available to purchase. All sale proceeds support the team.
- Funds raised help pay for the End-of-Year Swim Party and other Swim Team needs.
- Suits: Purchase team suits at Swimoutlet.com's CSC Team Store. (Swimmers may also wear a plain, black suit or CSC swim team suits from previous years.) Please order your suits as soon as possible to ensure delivery before the first meet. It takes 10 to 15 business days for suits to be customized with the CSC logo.
- Swim Caps: All swimmers must wear a CSC swim cap to show uniformity in the pool. Caps are royal blue with "CSC" in white monogram. We give all registered swimmers one free latex cap at the first meet. You may also purchase latex-free caps (silicone) for $10 during registration through the middle of May.
- Apparel: During registration and via the Gear Shop, we provide several team apparel options (t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc.) for you to optionally purchase for your swimmer(s) and your family. Note that we stop taking orders for gear and apparel at about the middle of May.
- Meets and practices may be delayed and/or cancelled in the event of inclement weather.
- We send all meet and practice notifications via the Remind app. Please download the Remind App to ensure you receive important and timely meet and practice updates.
Additional Assistance Available
The goal of the coaching staff is to use practice time efficiently so each swimmer can progress as much as possible during the summer season. However, if your child is struggling with certain parts of their swimming, the coaching staff is available to conduct private lessons. These lessons are scheduled by each individual coach, so please feel free to ask a coach if you are interested.
Communication / Questions / Comments
- Stay up to speed with all meet and practice notifications via email, the Remind app, and the SwimTopia app.
- Please ensure you correctly enter your email address when registering.
- Download the Remind App by texting @cscp to the number 81010 to ensure you receive important and timely meet and practice updates.
- Download the SwimTopia App to view the calendar of upcoming meets and events, review your swimmer's events and your volunteer job sign-ups, check out your swimmer's post-meet results, and to stay up to speed on the current event number during a meet.
- Additionally, you may want to "Like" the Community Swim Club Facebook page.
- If you have any questions or comments regarding the CSC Swim Team, please talk to one of the Swim Team Coordinators and/or send us an email. Please do not contact the coaches directly. If an issue arrises during a meet, please follow this same rule. We have asked our coaches to focus on the meet and refer all comments and questions to the volunteer CSC Swim Team Coordinators or CSC Board President. We will do our best to listen and make the right decision for our entire team at all times.
- We will give registration fee refunds for swimmers withdrawn for illness or other family circumstances until June 9. Refunds will be partial, based on the length of participation and the date of notification of withdrawal.
- Merchandise/Gear purchased cannot be returned.
- Date of notification of withdrawal from the team:
- June 2 - Full Registration Fee Refund
- June 9 - 50% of Registration Fee Refund
- After June 9 - No further refunds